Monday, September 5, 2011

Ketchup... er uh, Catch up

Hello everybody, It's been quite a while since the last post with a lot happening here. First of all, I'm done with school! Oh huzzah! What a relief.

Second of some, we went on a trip to Malawi which went very well; dad taught evangelism classes for two weeks, the ladies did a ladies' day, and we young people did a young peoples' day.

Post to which you can probably look forward are mostly projects I'm working on:
A heavy canvas backpack (which mom did much of the work on since I don't know how to use her sewing machine, at least I cut it out)

and

Boots!

I'm currently working on the boots as much as I can. One thing you re-realize every time you make something is that it will always take twice as much work and leather as you at first thought. I'll try to describe to process and post pictures sometime soon.

The idea with the boots is to make light, hot weather desert boots. Somewhat of a mix between this, and this, with a touch of this.

Well, that's it for now.

-Luke

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing school! What does it feel like? :) I can only imagine....

    Can't wait to see the boot project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Well, it was anticlimactic since I had to finish a day early and get ready for our trip. So it really never felt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, lovin' the title.
    thanks for following and your comment... there's no signifigance to lowercase letters... just that i love lowercase! (can you tell? lol)
    and too funny about the hair (: that might be a good thing that you not think about yours as much lol

    ReplyDelete