Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Meat!

Yes this is very late. I've been pretty busy with school, but on the bright side, the semester is already one-third completed.

So, the first order of business; catch up on this blog.

To cure the ham I used this recipe .It was a very small ham so it only needed to cure for around five weeks. We didn't have any curing salt though, so I just used sea salt.

Here it is.
I decided not to smoke it after all, so Mom cooked it in a very traditional ham-like way

It even tasted like ham

I think my favorite thing I've smoked so far was the pulled pork because it's harder to do, and it actually got that real smoked flavor. If you want to see the "barbecue" I made, here's a link to a blog Mom did.

I also redid the deisgn a little bit as I'm sure you've noticed. I'll be doing a little more when I get a chance. Let me know what you think. And remember to also send in suggestions/requests.


Hopefully, the next post will be on shooting big bore rifles (such as .416, .458, and .500)!

-Luke

4 comments:

  1. YUM-MY! The meat looks superb!

    LOVE your new blog look! Is that an elephant in the background?!! :) YAY!...one-third finished two-thirds to go! :D You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for sharing some pictures. Twas very nice to talk with you the other day on Skype. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! it was a little salty but, it was nice making something you can't get here.

    Yes it's an elephant, the picture is of a famous hunter and a writer and someone else (don't remember who).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this! I have always wanted to try do this with some meat from the hogs I raise.

    And I must say, as a fellow hunter, I envy you being over there hunting. It looks like so much fun!

    Keep up the good work there!

    ReplyDelete