Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bloggers & Browsers


Part One: Bloggers
First, thanks to Purposely at Home, I got one of "The Versatile Blogger" awards. Which is very nice; Thanks! You should click on the link up there and check out her blog (you can open it in a new tab, you don't have to leave yet), she has some good thoughts there.
As part of this I have copied and pasted the following section:

The rules after receiving this award are as follows:
-Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog.
-Pass it along to other deserving bloggers.
-Reveal seven things about yourself.


So here are seven things about me:

1. I'm a lefty. There's nothing particularly special about that, but I'm glad I am.

2. I love music. It's my biggest hobby, although I don't really like calling it a hobby because in my mind that implies frivolity to some degree. I think of music of as a serious part of my life which I will always try learn learn more about. I particularly like small bands (e.g. five or fewer) with everyone pushing their instrument to the limits.

3. I love leather. It's recognized as one of the best ten smells on earth by the Dos Banditos.

4. I love well designed and built things; anything really, from boots to vehicles, quality shows that someone had pride in their work and they cared about doing what they do.

5. Red meat. Need I say more?

6. Some things on my "bucket list": Climb a mountain (like Kilimanjaro) and Skydive.

7. I like trying to make people laugh. And I like good humor; I think humor is like any "art"; it should be able to stand on its own, without having to reply on hype or anything like that.


So, on to passing it on. I really don't read very many blogs but here are some of them.





So there ya' go. I'm sorry I don't know of any good blogs by guys.


Part Two:Browsers
(Don't be offended, it's for your best interest)

It's come to my attention through my little stats here on Blogger that some of you are using Internet Explorer.

Stop that.

Why? Well, it's inferior. Here's a visual aid that a friend posted on Facebook. You can blow it up if you need.

Fig.1

I use Chrome for the reason in the picture. It's fast and that's all I want. If you want more detailed information on which browser to use just do a Google search and read some.

So that's it for now.
-Luke

7 comments:

  1. I concur, my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "visual aid" - haha. And I like those random facts. Why oh why didn't I buy that leather scented candle for you? Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in Africa and you don't use Safari? Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe we introduced you to chrome, did we not, my father and I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I don't believe so Josh, I don't remember how I started using it. I knew your dad used it; you do too? Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the visual aid too! And I'm very thankful you introduced me to Chrome! Ha...I remember a certain conversation "You should put the background to the grass one. Because green is very relaxing!" :D

    ReplyDelete