Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hey Hey Hey What's Happenin'?


Hello Everybody
This is going to be something I've never done before; just a general update blog.
So, I'm sorry if you wanted a post on whether to wear cowboy boots or tennis shoes (That's a no-brainer at least)

I guess it was last week, I went up to Arusha with the other guys to wrap up some things from before we moved. Because of bad roads we went the long way around which traverses a good bit of Tanzania. So a very long trip. Then furi
ously running around Arusha for a few days. On the way back we decided to try the other way, which is shorter but the road is far worse. It was very beautiful, it was like crossing the whole country through the bush. But, the road was really very bad. I don't mind much, but those kinds of roads are bad for the car, so we probably won't go that way again.

Now, we're back and the new semester has started. I'm taking four classes this semester. The very good news is that (at least for a while) it's my last one. At the end of it I'll have my A.A.
degree. Hooray!

In other news, I'm really missing my old guitar. Here's a picture of it before I sold it.

Isn't it pretty?


I really loved it, but I couldn't play very much because of low voltage for the amp and such things as that.

The problem is playing an acoustic like an electric will tear your hands up cause of the heavier strings. So, for now my fingers are sore :D

I'm hoping to update the general blog design before too long, but I'm not very bloggy, so it may be a while.

Oh, I've been practicing Blackberry Blossom (You can look at the original post about it here), so I was thinking about posting a video, but after watching it I most definitely decided not to. Some things sound better while you're playing it. Oh well.

We butchered a pig recently, and since ham isn't available here I'm trying my hand at curing one. I'm planning on smoking it when it's ready so I'll do a post then.

Until then, here's a good YouTube to watch;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3EPib5LWFo

-Luke

4 comments:

  1. Which one?...cowboy boots or tennis shoes?...

    So...you definitly did not have to rub it in that you will finish your degree THIS SEMESTER! :D

    Marli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, nice post! You've been getting good at playing Blackberry Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cowboy boots.

    Well, it's been a little while coming. How many do
    you have left?

    Thank Linz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well well! This was a nice surprise! That was a very pretty guitar. Sometime soon we should have a "kid meeting" via skype and you should play Blackberry Blossom for me so I can hear how it's coming. :)

    ReplyDelete