Saturday, April 9, 2011

Silly Questions - Starring You!


I shall do my best to answer some of these strange questions in turn.

Jack: What a strange question. Being your imaginary friend (not real), I have no way of knowing who or what he/she is.
Aha, now you're asking how fast a man can drive his own car, that's an entirely different question. Normally on an open strectch 110 Kph is about tops (a little more if it has a turbo). You will want to slow down for the sleeping policemen anywhere between 50 to barely moving Kph. Off road just depends.

Marli and Mem: I don't bother with domestic animals (see Fig. 1)

(Fig. 1)
Actually, I like riding horses, but I've never had very many chances to ride.

Spitting: Perhaps if a guy asked I would have to answer, but as it is, it would just be bad manners :D

Sneezing:

"The sneezing response is a complex one, involving stimulation of the nasal tissues, which are mediated by cranial nerves V and VII, and processing by a "sneeze center" in a distinct structure of the brainstem, thought to reside in the lateral medulla. Histaminic and muscarinic receptors there appear to affect the ability to sneeze. This region in turn seems to control the epipharyngeal, intrinsic laryngeal and respiratory muscles. The brain sends coordinated motor impulses along nerves controlling muscles of the abdomen, chest, diaphragm, neck, face, eyelids and various sphincters, as well as the mucus glands and blood vessels of the nose. All this happens automatically."

As you can see, keeping one's eyes open during a sneeze would require unnatural, super-human ability. I only know two people who can: Jake Jensen and Josh Heck. Also: sneezing is for sick people.


Thank you all for the interest. Until next time,

-Luke

12 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite disappointed that you answered in KPH instead of MPH. Not that it's hard to convert or anything like that, it just seems less manly since Europeans use Kilometers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage."
    Teddy Roosevelt

    Thanks for sparing us the details on the spitting question. That was Dallas' question... :)

    Sneezing....Marli only hopes she's that smart when she graduates from Amridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Jack hasn't had too much experience with Europeans, then! Heh heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Linz is right. After learning some about European explorers and hunters in Africa, I wouldn't call them wimpy, and the metric system is very logical.

    I try be be courteous :) Dallas should get an account!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! Great post! Figure 1 is a doozy. As a side note, I'm rather disappointed that you didn't address Jack's first question relating to the ethics of obeying speed limits. Oh, and after being in TZ, the so-called "standard system" drives me nuts! I miss metric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Jewels, I assumed he was just being cantankerous. I think everyone here ought to understand the principle; Obey the laws of the land everybody! (unless they are superseded by Divine Law, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well of course I know to obey the law... but my question is what IS the law? The speed limit may say 65, but more than 65 is perfectly within my legal limits... I assume it's a "guy thing" to drive fast, so how fast can I go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. For this to even be a valid question, you have to provide some sort of proof that you're somehow an exception to the obviously posted speed limit. The definition of speed limit is: "the maximum speed at which a vehicle is legally permitted to travel". Logically, your statement is impossible standing by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh... nevermind. I'm so misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete